Build your own laptop screen with recycled parts, Is it worth building your own laptop?
Often times, you buy a pre-configured OEM laptop directly from a store or manufacturer’s website. These laptops are mass-produced to the right specifications for a variety of uses and uses, and you can use them as soon as you get home or after the next package delivery service arrives.
However, this laptop may not meet the personalized needs, especially for gamers and professional users. In addition, custom laptops are very profitable. The prerequisite, of course, is that you build it yourself.
At the same price, the performance of personal computers far outperforms branded computers because you can choose computer accessories according to your needs and don’t have to spend money to buy components that you don’t really want. That is why it is worth making a laptop.
You can make your own laptop in the following ways:
- Laptop Personalization Service
Some computer brands such as Lenovo and Dell offer personal laptop services. They allow selection of components like processor, display, hard drive, etc. You then build the computer according to your specifications.
I do not recommend this method if your budget is limited. This method is not cost effective. But if you don’t know how to build a laptop at all, this method is also great.
- Make your own laptop
If you’re looking to get a powerful laptop at a relatively affordable price, this is the way to go. If you don’t know how to build a laptop, I’ll show you how to do it in the following content. Read on to learn how to build your own laptop.
How to Build Your Own Laptop
To make your own laptop, you only need to perform two tasks: select the components and assemble them into a computer. What do you need to build a computer? How to choose components for a laptop In this section, I will give you the answer.
How to choose components for a laptop
To build your own laptop, you will need a barebones laptop, processor, RAM, network card, hard drive, etc. In this section I will show you how to choose the right components.
However, before you take the part for your laptop, you need to decide what the main purpose of the laptop is. Most people make high-end gaming laptops. In this case, you’ll have to build your laptop to high-end specs, but in the end it’s worth the price.
If all you need is a portable laptop for browsing, checking email and a word processor, then there’s no need to build a laptop because a simple built-in laptop can meet your needs. You can buy an ultrabook in any store.
- Laptop barebones
A barebones laptop is a half-assembled PC with a laptop case, power supply unit, motherboard, camera, keyboard, cooling system, and more. Users can choose which components (processor, memory, storage devices, etc.) to purchase and install based on their needs and budget.
Barebone laptops are usually made by Original Design Manufacturers (ODM) such as Quanta, Compal, Wistron, Inventec, Pegatron, ECS, FIC, ARIMA, Mitac, Clevo, MSI, and others. This ODM company produces computers for certain brands (OEM) such as Dell, HP, Lenovo, Acer, Mac and others. These products are then sold to consumers as OEM products.
Here are some examples of the relationship between ODM and brand (OEM):
- Quantity: Dell, HP, Lenovo, Hasee, Apple, Thunderobot and more.
- Compal: HP, Toshiba, Lenovo, Dell and others.
- Wistron: Acer, Lenovo, Dell, HP and others.
- Clevo: Hasee, Terrans Force, Thunderobot, Sager and more.
- MSI: MSI, HIPAA, RaBook and more.
It can be said that the quality of barebones computers and brand machines is almost the same. Then you might want to buy this barebones laptop. I recommend that you buy this product from Alibaba’s official website, eBay, R&J Tech, or ODM.
To choose the right barebones laptop, you should consider the following aspects: whether the processor and graphics card are interchangeable, the maximum amount and capacity of memory supported, the number of hard drive interfaces, the types of hard drives supported, the screen surface, etc.
If a barebones laptop has sufficient interfaces or if the hardware is replaceable, you have the option of increasing its performance even further by simply spending money on replacing hardware parts. For machines with small interfaces or soldered hardware, you can only replace the whole machine.
Apart from that, some users might also notice its cooling system or its external features like external multi-screen interaction, external graphics card, virtual reality and more.
A processor is an integrated semiconductor chip that is primarily used to interpret computer instructions and process data in computer software. It is one of the main devices of the computer.
When buying a processor, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Brand: Intel and AMD have the largest share of the computer processor market. In PCs, the most common Intel processors are Core, Pentium, and Celeron (their performance, again, declined in the same generation); The most common AMD series are Ryzen, AMD FX, APU, Athlon and Sempron (their performance is also weak).
- Kernel: Kernel is a separate processing unit in a processor, and each of them reads and executes program instructions like a separate processor. Current processors have at least two cores and it is recommended to use processors with more than 4 cores. If you use your computer for graphic design, video editing, image rendering, etc., a processor with more cores is better.
- Clock speed: Clock speed refers to the frequency at which the CPU clock generator can generate pulses, which is often used as an indicator of CPU speed. If you use your computer for 3D modeling, playing client games, etc., a processor with a higher clock speed is better.
Making a laptop is no more difficult than making a desktop once you learn how to build a laptop. There are websites out there where you can buy components to build a laptop. There are tutorials available to show you how to build a laptop. Therefore, it is not difficult to make a laptop.